4.24.2009

Shameless!

All I can say is wow.

WOW!

I have not done any fundraising for as long as I can remember. Maybe even high school. And it was a little weird for me to scour my email contacts and send out an email asking for donations for the March of Dimes - but I did it. I even used social networking to my advantage and have been 'hinting' by way of my status update on Facebook.

And boy, did I get a response. In three days, I have raised $310 for the March of Dimes in the name of Team James & Jake! It is so touching that people are still willing to donate in such tough economic times. Seriously. Touching. I get a little choked up thinking about it.

So, to everyone reading who has donated, THANK YOU. From the depth of my heart, thank you!

And if you've been kicking around the idea, stop kicking and please consider donating a few dollars. Every little bit counts. The link to the donation page is on my sidebar - it's very easy.

I'm not begging. Okay. Kind of. I'm just so close to my goal of $400 (and surpassing that goal would be OH SO SWEET!).

I know I want an organization like the March of Dimes fueling further research into taking care of our babies when they are at their most vulnerable. And just think how much we can save in medical bills if funds are put towards educating women about prenatal care? Giving them the tools to give birth to a healthy, thriving child? Education and prevention, people!!

Whew! Okay, I'm stepping away from the computer now. My virtual soapbox!

No comments: