Can you really have a case of the Mondays when all days meld into one? Half the time I don't even know what day it is...but today feels very much like I remember Mondays when I was trudging to the office. I can't believe it's almost been three months!
What's the problem?
Well...since you asked....
1) Chapped lips. Yes, this sounds insignificant, but seriously, don't chapped lips just suck? When I get them, they are awful. And then I CAN'T STOP LICKING THEM. I have this great stuff from Kiehl's, which is basically fancy petroleum jelly, but I swear by it. However, it usually takes a few days to completely rid me of my heinous, crusty chapped lips. So I suffer. Booooo!
2) I am sore all over from yard work, and from Stroller Strides, which I started today. Which should be a good thing, except I step on the scale - which, by the way, I seem to need to step on every single time I pass by - and I'm up. Which makes me want to throw things - especially said scale. Which brings me to...
3) B announces this morning that he LOST FIVE POUNDS IN HIS SLEEP. After this proclamation, he systematically runs through the list of what he ate directly before bedtime - two lunch size bags of Sunchips, five chocolate chip cookies, Starburst...
4) G has been consistently waking up and needing comforting (from me) every two hours all night long. Somehow he makes it every two hours on the dot - I'm not kidding or exaggerating - I check the clock each time I roll out of bed (and being as sore as I am, I'm literally rolling onto the floor then almost crawling). I think he is teething, because he's drooling like a mastiff all shot up with Novocaine.
5) Did I mention he's not napping?
6) And finally, SWINE FLU. Why is it annoying me? Because of all the freaking out! Clearly it is a cause for concern, and I'm not so cold-hearted that I don't feel anything for those suffering or dying from it, but the panic starts to irritate me. There was a news story on last night about people in my area who were freaking out and trying to buy Tamiflu from the local drugstore. There has not been one case reported even NEAR here. So everyone, chill the *#& out and wash your hands. Stop going to the ER because you have a cough and a 101 fever.
I'm going to be happy when this day is over.
Mondays - yeah, I'm STILL not a fan.