New challenge at the Sisterhood and I'm liking it. Here's why:
We're focusing less on the scale and more on healthy living. Let me rephrase - I think the Sisterhood is always looking at health, but I tend to get wrapped up in how much I weigh.
It became very clear to me when a sixteen year old told me yesterday that it's not the numbers on the scale. It's how your clothes fit.
And she's right. I know this.
Yee-ouch. Nothing like being put in your place by a teenager (and also a good reminder not to obsess about my body in front of a kid - no need to send her down my body hatred path).
For the next three weeks, I'm going to be focusing on creating healthy new habits. The thought it, it take three weeks to make something stick. I don't want to go too crazy, so I'm sticking with five habits, and they are:
1) Drink water - at least 64 ounces a day. This sounds easy, but for me it is a challenge. I forget to drink water. Plus, I'm not crazy about the taste. But, I will learn to like it. I will trick myself by lacing it with lemon or cucumber slices.
2) Not eating after 9 pm. Most of my comfort binging goes on after dark. I know it's bad. All that food hanging out in my gut while I sleep with nowhere to go but my ass. If I can pull this off, I have a feeling weight loss may come easier for me.
3) No fast food. Period. Not even McDonald's soft serve. My heart just broke a little. (One caveat, I can have Subway - with no mayo).
4) Run three times weekly. I am already doing this, but making it a habit will help it stick after I complete my 5K in September.
5) Do 100 crunches daily. This is the only way I'm going to chip away at my leftover baby belly. Which I can't really call a baby belly as my 'baby' is 18 months old. Seriously, it's the front butt. I could pull off mom jeans like a rockstar right now. And that's not a good thing.
One thing I'm not going to do is post my weight on this blog weekly. Here's the plan. I will say what my weight is today, then at the end of this challenge, it will be discussed again.
So, today, I weigh 179, which is up from the end of last challenge. Blast it! I blame it on the Burger King I ate yesterday. And the double chocolate zucchini bread. Which was packed up and sent to B's work this morning. I don't need that in the house staring me down every time I enter the kitchen.
Another thing is I want to reward myself at the end of this challenge. If I can get down to 175 in three weeks, I get to do or buy something fun.
Any suggestions? Can't be too pricey, I'm on a budget, but I want to splurge on myself just a little.