8.12.2009

Habitual

A week ago, I started forcing myself into teaching myself some healthy habits. One week in, and how am I doing?

Well, if I'm being honest with myself, I'd give myself a C+. I'm doing decent on the water, crappy on the crunches and great with not eating after 9 pm, running and no fast food.

And the fast food has been hard. Hard. Not because I'm craving it, but for the convenience. Sometimes its hard to go into a Subway when you're on the go with a very active 18 month old. Usually, by the time we get our food, I have him hooked by the armpits in the crook of my arm, legs and arms flailing, screaming COOKIE!

I'm thinking I'm going to franchise a Subway and make it a drive through as my next career. Seriously. Moms everywhere would thank me!

To counteract the knee jerk reaction to hit a drive through, I've made sure to pack healthy snacks in the car, so, if necessary, we can wait till we make it home and I can make lunch. So, as a double bonus, I'm not spending as much.

More to go towards my reward at the end of this challenge! I have pretty much decided on this skirt from Gock's Frocks. My husband will probably accuse me of dressing like a kindergarten teacher, but I love it! I will try not to wear it with Crocs or Birkenstocks. But I can't promise anything.

One more thing this week, I started using Spark People. It is free (FREE IS GOOD!), and I like it better than Weight Watchers - the site is much easier to use, and you can set fitness goals as well as nutrition. Plus, you can make charts and graphs to analyze your eating habits. So far, so good. It always helps me to have a place to write down what I'm eating. Definitely makes me more accountable.

No numbers this week, but I promise, they're good. We'll save that for the grand finale in a couple of weeks!

8 comments:

april said...

We have a drive thru Subway. I've never used it though. And I totally know what you mean about fast food. I used to eat it all the time. Not because I really liked it, but because there's no need to cook for just me.

Now, it's just habit, not to go there. ;o)

Brooke said...

i'm a reformed fast food junkie too. it got to the point where i couldn't decide where to eat (we have almost everything) because i was sick of everything.

congrats on the goals you're suceeding at and well...crunches suck. good luck with that :P

Mendie said...

Good for you for resisting the fast food...often a late night dinner option I take too frequently!

Drive-thru Subway is a great idea!

Barb said...

Great job with the fast-food goal - and a bonus to have a little extra cash in your pocket.

BTW, I LOVE that skirt, and I think it would look fine with Birks :-)

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

I wholeheartedly agree on Subway needing a drive-thru. In our little country town, the only fast food we have is Subway and I know exactly what you're talking about. Getting both kids out of the car to go in and wait in line and then order just takes so long. To top it off, they don't have high chairs. Yeah, suck! We usually just end up eating at home.

I heart that skirt. So much. Great choice!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can so relate to the problem of eating out with kids. Great job on the snack-packing and eating at home!

I'm on SP too, just as of the last few weeks. It's really helped me to figure out where I was going wrong.

Also, love the skirt! Beautiful yet comfy all at the same time!

Heather said...

I am totally making a skirt like that. So cute. And now I have an idea for my nieces for Christmas. I will be wearing my skirt with birks but heck I used to be kinder teacher and will be again some day!

audrey said...

Nice choice on the skirt! I am still working on kicking the fast food habit. It's tough cause its easy especially when toting little ones around. Keep up the good work!