3.20.2009

Blog Party 2009 - Woot! Woot!

Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Hello out there!

5 Minutes for Mom is having a Blog Party and I'm joining in...

What does Mama Sass bring to a Blog Party? Food - check. Definitely embarrassing stories. A little venting...okay, a LOT of venting. And most of the time, the most random thoughts you'll run across. My blog quite simply has an identity crisis. It's a cornucopia of stuff, and some days, I actually even surprise myself!

One other thing I need to point out - my web address is http://thesassymama.blogspot.com and the actual title of my blog is Mama Sass. Why doesn't my web address match? Simply put, mamasass.com could very well be mistaken for a site that caters to people who enjoy MILF's with large behinds. See where I'm going with this? Yeah. Not nice.

I've been blogging for almost 10 months and have picked up momentum now that I am no longer employed. This lack of employment is not by choice, but by layoff, and yes, I'm bitter. But it makes for some pretty interesting reading from time to time.

I have been married for four and a half years to my husband, B, and we have a super energetic and adorable one year old son, G. We also house a zoo of 'domestic' animals at our house - two dogs and two and a half cats - one only shows up weekly to eat. I've lived my entire life in the soggy Pacific Northwest, taking only a yearlong breather to live in the UK where I studied literature. I love to read, check out new music, and am addicted to reality tv, the trashier, the better. That's me in a nutshell.

I honestly have no idea how many people read my blog but I do know that a post I wrote mentioning Neil Diamond last week got me the most hits I've ever had in one day.

So, if you're here for the first time, welcome and thank you for taking the time to read. Please stop in from time to time, and please let me know you've been by in the comment section!

21 comments:

Summer said...

ROFL! I like the joke about why your url is not mamasass.com!
Nice to meet you!

Trish said...

Yeah, I can totally see the issue with the name. :) I'm also a Sassy one- Sweet 'n' Sassy Girls is my blog. If you're interested, I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a super cute apron if you want to stop by and enter. http://www.sweetnsassygirls.com/2009/03/ultimate-blog-party.html Nice to meet you!

Melissa said...

Hey Heather, I'm finally leaving a comment. I've been too lazy to figure out how to do it before. I always enjoy checking out your blog and seeing what you're up to. You're a great writer and you crack me up. I had wondered about the URL and just assumed it was taken. That is too funny! Keep writing!

Karen said...

Hey, Heather, nice to meet you. My name is Karen and I came here thru UBP. I love your sense of humor. Hope you have a great weekend!
http://www.ageorgiaangel.com/blog/?p=319

Andrea said...

Nice to meet you ;)

Unknown said...

The address controversary makes perfect sense. Lol. Nice to meet you. Welcome to the party.

Candi said...

Hello! It's nice to "meet" you. I actually came over from You Capture and continued reading. I loved your party post! Your thoughts about your blog sound a lot like my own. And I loved the Mama Sass explanation. Awesome. :)

I will definitely be following along...I hope you don't mind!

Colette S said...

Nice to meet you!

Talk about a party!

I'm quite intrigued and am learning how to get around!

Just stopping by from 5minutes for moms blog party!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Love your URL explanation. And you aren't the only one who failed glue gun class and Tablescapes 101.

Jenny Grace said...

Hello. It's lovely to meet you, and happy partying.

Victoria Arya said...

Dropping in from UBP to say HI! Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Hi! So nice to meet you!Party hopping is such fun! I am participating too so stop in for a visit.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

I'm giving away Pink Champagne Shower Syrup from Jaqua Beauty...stop on over and enter! Ends April 8. Open to USA.

Ta!

thecasualperfectionist.com said...

Hi! I'm just stopping over from the UBP, and I can't wait to read more of your blog!

Heather said...

Well, I'm definitely not here for Neil Diamond, lol. Found ya thru UBP. And excuse me, but I think I might be looking into a mirror! You're Heather? I'm Heather! I'm not so crafty, have no time management skills, I hate to clean and the word organized has yet to enter my vocabulary! lol

So nice to come across your blog. I cant wait to read whats next, so I am subscribing. :-)

Lynn said...

Stopping by from the party. Our blog focuses on kids books - stop by and say hi sometime! (http://infantbibliophile.blogspot.com). Although we left our TV behind when we moved a few months ago, so I now don't watch at all, I too LOVE bad reality TV. My favorites are big brother, the bachelor/ette, top model... ah, I better not think too much about this or I'll be doing a midnight run to the big box store for a replacement.

StacieinAtlanta said...

Hey Heather-

I am just stopping in from The Ultimate Blog Party to say hello. Come by my place to enter to win a LeapFrog Tag Reading System and some books by pledging to read to your child everyday. You can also enter to win a pair of Girl's Crocs - Size 8/9. :)

Stacie
The Divine Miss Mommy
http://www.thedivinemissmommy.com
http://www.twitter.com/stacieinatlanta

Carolee Hollenback said...

Stopping by while blog hopping for the UBP.

I work at home in my pajamas - check out my blog!

KV Creative Designs said...

I am Party Hoppin! Hope you are enjoying the UBP too!
Artful Blessings,
Kathryn #56

Michele Williams said...

Sassy!! LOL.... Nice to meet you...

Blessings...

Beelieve You Can
Psalm 18:29

Jennifer said...

Nice meeting you! You have such a beautiful family! Too cute! I am a little late to the blog party but I like your blog! I’m still having a little "after party" at my place too!

I'm not a mom yet myself but I'm thinking that may change one day soon! I'm trying to get the DL from moms on "the stuff they don't tell you beforehand!" haha.

Can't wait to pick your brain! And please feel free to share your advice or secrets anytime!