I'm in a pretty gosh darn chipper mood today. But when I was out on my run, I got kind of irritated about something (I will elaborate below) and got to thinking about little weird pet peeves I have. Is it surprising I have quite a few? Don't answer that. So without further ado, five things that I've found annoying as of late. Enjoy.
1. Chubby Girl Shorts: This is what got the whole inner rant started. It's fairly hot today (80's, hot for HERE at least) and I needed to wear shorts for my run. So I start out and within five seconds my shorts are creeping up my inner thigh. To the point where it's obscene. My thighs were eating my shorts. Ugh. If you are one of those people who don't know what I'm talking about or whose thighs don't touch, we're no longer on speaking terms. Just so you know.
2. Hair Elastics That Are Just Not the Right Size: I have very thick hair. And I wear it back a lot. Okay, pretty much all the time. When I need it really secure though, I'm pretty much out of luck. Because I can't find a damn hair elastic that is big/small enough. It isn't tight enough at two turns, but won't go for three. Those a-holes at Goody are out to get me.
3. People Talking to You When You're Getting a Pedicure: I know they're just being friendly. But come on guys, I hardly ever get out. I get like, one, maybe two pedicures a year. Please let me bask in the loveliness of the massage chair. Let's nix the small talk, shall we? And please, please can we bring back the cheese grater? I miss that thing. Freaking health department and their codes...bah!
4. Being M.J. Judgemental: You know, maybe he did like little boys. Maybe not. But dude, if you tell me one more time I shouldn't feel sad over his passing...don't get me started. Michael Jackson music was so formative for me, so excuse me for rocking out to a little P.Y.T. while I'm driving.
5. How Much I Sweat: I am not exaggerating when I say I'm probably the sweatiest person I know, besides my Dad and Grandpa. I inherit this lovely trait from that side. THANKS GUYS! True story - when I was sixteen I wore a linen dress to a basketball tournament in July. It was like 90 degrees out. About two hours in, my girlfriend pointed in horror to my side. I had sweat so much that the pit stains had soaked to my waist. That's not a typo - TO MY WAIST. MY WAIST. It would be mortifying now, so it would be potential for throwing oneself off of a bridge at the tender age of sixteen. So, seventeen years later I'm still super duper sweaty. I always have to think about my crazy sweating when I'm buying clothes - I ruin white shirts after a few wearings. I've looked into underarm botox several times. But, alas, I'm scared of needles. Maybe I'll get that surgery to have my sweat glands removed.
What's bugging you? Please tell me in the comments, I adore a good whine!