I think I have found my new vocation.
I'm going to go work at Charm City Cakes. I think Duff would totally hire me.
Okay, maybe not.
However, I did learn a few things from my foray into cake making.
1) The professional grade food coloring is the bomb. And it also will stain your skin for a very, very long time.
2) I need a spinny platform thingy to frost properly.
3) It does not take very long to get tired of eating frosting.
4) There are a bazillion different types of decorating tips. I have a headache just thinking about it. I did manage to find one that makes grass and then found one to edge the cake and a wee one for writing. Writing, by the way, was the hardest part, by far.
5) A homemade cake - you think it would save you money - um, no. Not after purchasing all the fancy decorating tools. But at least I have them in my arsenal. They'll pay for themselves....in about 15 years.
6) Worth it? Oh, heck yes!
Look at that face! I'll go elbow deep in frosting ANY DAY for a smile like that.