Five a.m. wake up call and I'm feeling a bit surly today. On top of that, I made the decision to spare both G and I the screaming, crying mess he would become if I forced him to go to Stroller Strides this morning.
So no workout, no sleep, and I'm slightly irritable. Okay, slightly is an understatement.
But I'm dealing. I know that someday, like when G is out of the house, I will eventually catch up on sleep, cleaning, bills and the like.
And speaking of time passing, tomorrow is my birthday. Thirty-one. How did that happen?
In honor of my birthday, and to make myself feel better, I am going to just list out what my dream gifts would be. This is purely an exercise in imagination, as we just dropped nearly a grand on our 1.5 year old car (thanks again, Ford!). And I'm going to indulge myself with bullet points, because I love a good list with bullet points. It's the type A in me, what can I say?
So here it is: Heather's Ultimate Birthday List.
- A jogging stroller. I was really interested in the BOB Revolution, but am now also interested in the Phil & Teds Dash. I like how it converts with an attachment to a double - NO, I'm not pregnant, just thinking ahead - and is so streamlined.
- A new camera. I love my little Canon point and shoot, but am ready for a big girl camera. A Digital SLR. I've been looking at the Nikons, though I've only ever owned an Olympus or Canon.
- A spa day. Not just an hour or two (though I'd take that, willingly), but a WHOLE FREAKING DAY. It would be heaven to just be pampered for a day. I can't even imagine!
- Someone cleaning my house other than me. Even better than that, one of those professional organizing services that come in and take away all your excess crap. If I was any good at organization, I'd start up my own organizing service - do you know how much they charge? It's crazy!
- A trip to Santorini, and I'd like to stay here (or somewhere like it) please.
- A shopping spree at Boden. Or, I'd just settle for this dress. It's called the Sassy Jersey Dress - I mean, come on. It's meant to be mine!
- These sandals. Because how cute are they? And they're pink.
- Books, books, books! I'm tempted to pre-order The Angels Game - if you've never read Carlos Ruiz Zafon, do yourself a favor. His other book, The Shadow of the Wind, is one of my all time favorites. A-MAZ-ING.
Wow. I DO feel better. It's amazing what some fantasy retail therapy can do for one's psyche!
That said, I know that I am lucky to have what I have. Seriously. And I am thankful. But it is so fun to just drool sometimes!
What's on your wish list?