11.18.2009

Restraint.

The bagger/boxer guy at Costco today asked me if I was pregnant.

I smiled and said 'No way! This one keeps me busy enough.'

He was embarrassed and apologized. He was probably in his early twenties. Rookie mistake, I guess.

I did not cry. I didn't get mad. When I got outside, I looked down at my poochy belly and decided never to wear my cardigan with only the top button done.

I thought I'd been doing so well working out and eating right...but I guess I really need to work on sucking it in!

9 comments:

Christie O. said...

UGH WHY DO PEOPLE INSIST ON ASKING THAT QUESTION??!!! I've been asked that before too. SUCK.

Anonymous said...

That is the one question that has pushed me over the edge. I now look the ignorant asker in the eye and simply reply "Nope, just fat" then watch them squirm and be uncomfortable - then I do nothing to make them feel better. Mean, but I am sick of it. Kind of like the people who feel that your body, whilst pregnant, is a good thing to criticize. "Oooh, you're pretty big for only 5 months aren't you...".

Heather D said...

Oh, I got that too, when I actually WAS pregnant...
You must be due any day now!
Actually, I'm only 5 months along...
ARGH.

Bethany said...

Ooooh I hate that!

I got it once, and told them I was due in 3 months.

People are rude.

Anonymous said...

People are dumb.

penguinsandladybugs said...

People! When will they learn? Way to keep your chin up :)

*Lissa* said...

Seriously? You should have fucking kicked him.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ZDub said...

My husband's grandmother asked me that last weekend and I was wearing a hippie top and a-you guessed it-a cardigan with the top button done.

MORTIFIED.