8.23.2008

Great Food Friday: Leafy Greens

Though I love me some greens, I don't have many really cool recipes for them. I guess I just usually eat them pretty close to their natural state: sauteed spinach with a sprinkle of balsamic or in a salad. So this week I'm posting about salad. I love salads, have since I was a child. They are kind of an obsession of mine - I'm always trying to think of new combinations. This one is definitely a favorite.

You'll need:
Baby Greens
Goat Cheese (think Chevre, not Feta), crumbled
handful of dried cranberries
handful of roasted sliced almonds
your favorite vinaigrette

In a big bowl, toss all ingredients. Eat.

Some other salad combos I love:

Baby spinach with strawberries and balsamic vinaigrette
Baby greens with Gorgonzola, toasted walnuts and pear

Looking over my salad recipes, I think the leafy greens may just be a vehicle for cheese. Oh well.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

mmm.... cheese....