1.30.2011

Purge 2011 aka I'm Crazy Pregnant

In a little over three months, I will have a newborn. Scratch that...I will have a willful, 'busy' three year old (whom I adore) AND a new baby.

What was I thinking? Panic is setting in.

How do I deal with panic? Apparently, this time around it's manic organizing. Like today. Today I went through my spice cabinet. Chucked a ton of stuff. Things I never use (whole coriander seeds?) that I'm not sure I even bought, maybe they came with the house? Spices that didn't smell liken anything anymore. That can't be good.

Then I got really crazy. I pulled out my giant box of photos from high school, and purged it by half. Yes, I tossed photographs. Which is generally against everything I believe. But I've got the pregnancy crazies, and by God, I do not need 30 out of focus photos of my sophomore prom date.

A side note, I found a receipt from The Gap in that box from 1994, for a pair of jeans. Guess how much they cost?

$34. I kid you not.

Anyway, I'm kind of scaring myself. I'm worried I'll end up throwing something important out in one of my fits. Then again, it would probably be wise to just roll with this newfound ability to shed unnecessary crap. Since in real life, I'm a few boxes of twist ties away from Hoarders.

4 comments:

april said...

I love you. :)

Kirsten said...

I did that last weekend. Threw out a TON of stuff. And I"m not pregnant. Crazy? Probably. But definitely not pregnant.

Christy M. said...

Awesome!!! Maybe I need to get knocked up again so I can get my purge on? NOT!

Heather said...

Want to come to my house? Usually I am all about not keeping anything. Now I just shove it in a closet because I don't feel like thinking about it. Don't stand too close when you open a door at my house. You never know what will fly out ;)