8.29.2010

This Post is Not About the Duggars. Really.

Since I've obviously hit some kind of rut and have nothing interesting or funny to write about, I'm in the process of a blog redesign. Because I'm pretty sure if my blog looks cooler/cuter I will miraculously be inspired and the words will pour forth and I'll have the popularity of Dooce.

Or not.

But I am redesigning - with help, of course, cause I'm technologically worthless. I'm okay with that. I'm just glad I have friends that have got my back on that front. It's give and take; I keep them honest about punctuation and grammar. It's all good.

If I had to focus in on my 'writer's block' (I seriously hate that term) and figure out what the root cause is, I'd have to say...well...um...

How about this: if I knew, I'd effing fix it? Right?

Some days I have a lot to say, but I have to self censor. Cause honestly, if I wrote everything I thought, you all would think I was crazy. Funny, possibly, but probably crazy and most likely mean and snarky.

I've thought about just letting loose and seeing if I start getting hate mail. I posted ONE TIME, long ago about the Duggars, and got quite a bit of negative feedback. Which was the most bizarre thing - Duggar supporters literally materialized out of nowhere and commented on my blog. Which leads me to believe there is a Duggar army that sits on Google all day long searching for anything Duggar related (which I completely understand, they are kind of fascinating).

I bet I'll get a bunch of Duggar hits just from this post. Watch.

Anyway. I'm trying to figure out my image.

Bear with me.

5 comments:

*Lissa* said...

I feel the same way about the censoring thing... I would really just like to let it all out sometimes. I love you no matter what... even if you are mean and snarky. ;p

Anonymous said...

But I can relate to mean and snarky, damn it!

And I'm going to follow the comments to see about the Duggars.

Duggar.

Duggar.

Duggar, Duggar, Duggar.

Mendie said...

that sucks, you should be able to say whatever you want...those mean people can suck it.

Can't wait to see your new look!

Unknown said...

I think you should just let loose. What is the sense of blogging if you can't just be you?

Zakary said...

I made fun of Kate Gosslein's hair like three years ago and got a ton of shitty emails about how mean I was.

They came out of the woodwork.

And dude, the Duggars scare the piss out of me.