11.04.2010

I'm Going to Try to Write This Between Dry Heaving (Urp)

Blogging has been on the dead bottom of my list for a while. I've clicked over here, looked around for a minute or two, thought about writing something. left.

It's hard to write about stuff when you've only got one thing on your mind and you're not supposed to talk about it.

But as of today, I'm talking.

I'm pregnant, knocked up, in the family way. About 12 weeks, so just about in my second trimester.

And I am so ready to be in the glorious second trimester. That promised land where you're not supposed to feel like you're dying every waking second. This pregnancy has been NOTHING like my first. My first, I had a little nausea, but nothing that couldn't been soothed with well timed snacks.

This time? Well, I'll put it this way...my OB gave my a prescription for the same nausea meds they generally give to chemo patients. On top of that, unbelievable fatigue - so bad I could literally lay down in the middle of the living room and sleep after only being awake for a couple of hours. And dizziness. And headaches.

It's been the pits, for serious.

But I see light at the end of the tunnel. The other night I told my husband, well, it will end. Maybe not till the baby is out, but it will end (please God, let it end SOON).

Of course, the drastic difference in this pregnancy has led to all kinds of speculation on the baby...IT'S A GIRL. Or, are you sure it's not twins? Yes, I had the doctor triple check. So unless someones really good at hiding, the Nugget is a singleton.

I'm calling it Nugget, by the way. For now.

So, there you have it...I haven't died, though to be honest, some days I've thought the end is near. I won't be such a stranger. Promise.

Now excuse me while I go sip on some damn ginger tea.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay! And, I had one pregnancy where the first 17 weeks weren't the worst weeks of my life. Hint: it had nothing to do with gender. So, who knows. You might have a boy. or a girl. or a chicken nugget. So, I hope next week you wake up feeling good.

I also hope you don't have people giving you advice like "have you tried eating before getting out of bed?" or "drinking lemon water helped me a lot." or "I didn't get sick because I exercised a lot".

*Lissa* said...

Man, sorry the little bugger is being so hard on you!! Need me to spank him or her? ;p

the story of my life... said...

This one has to be a girl!! I was SOOO ill with Liv..nothing like my first or my last..I finally quit throwing up around 18 weeks...I am EXCITED for you!!!

Ms. Diva said...

Congratulations!!!! How exciting, ummmm not the sickness part but you know, the rest of it!!! :)

Tiffany S said...

You WILL feel better soon, but I'm sure it sucks for now. But then at the end, you get a baby! Congrats!

Mendie said...

OMG...I just read this. I am so happy for you!!!! Yippee for a baby but not for the heaving part. Hope it settles down...no fun feeling like you are gonna yack 24/7!

I've been absent a bit too...but so glad that I checked in now! Hugs friend, thanks for your support thru the last few weeks. It means a lot.

Unknown said...

Oh hon, I hope you start feeling soon! The nausea is the worst. And so much Congratulations!!!! xo