12.06.2008

Smarty Pants.

Yes, it's been a while. But I seriously have an excuse this time. Well, more of an excuse than working 40 hours a week out of the house and every other waking moment at home. I attended an one week intensive real estate finance class last week. Yes, I had homework. Lots of it. And I had to commute to Kent every day. That's 1.5 hours at least each way. So suffice it to say, it was a long week!

So, about the class. Sounds boring, right? On the surface, yes. But I really got a lot out of it - the biggest take home being I CAN ACTUALLY DO MATH. For reals.

And I can now tell you what an IRR is, a NPV and I can analyze the heck out of a mortgage. How 'bout that? Seriously, I have been math challenged my whole life. This is MAJOR.

Anyhow, I am about to embark on an intensive Christmas preparation journey over the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll have something fun and interesting to post, or at least photos of all the injuries I am bound to endure as I attempt to bake.

Smooches!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That is a pretty crappy commute! Funny about the math. You always said you couldn't do math, which I am sure wasn't true.