6.05.2009

It's All About Meme...8 Things

The lovely April at My Life at Thirty tagged me the other day with this meme. I've been - ahem - a little busy with my mini daycare, but it's Friday night and here I am! Vodka in hand. Maybe my answers will get better as I finish my drink! Don't worry Team Blue, I'm drinking it with light cranberry juice. Still does the trick!

8 things I am looking forward to:


1. Going out for a belated birthday lunch with my girlfriend Lisa, who I haven't seen since I was laid off in February.
2. Possibly going to Kauai in November. My parents have a time share and B's boss has offered us airmiles so we can fly for free. FIRST CLASS. Do they let kids in first class? Hope so, because B probably won't like sitting by himself with the kiddo on the six hour flight. I kid, I kid.
3. Mariners Game in a couple of weeks. They'll most likely lose, but I can have a beer and garlic fries. Not too many (GOTEAMBLUE), just enough to burp garlic for a week.
4.Vodka.
5. I'm going to start watching the True Blood series before the next season starts. My DVR is recording them all. I LOVE VAMPIRES. What is wrong with me?
6. The Angels Game comes out on June 16. I love Carlos Ruiz Zafon. He writes in Spanish and it's translated to English. And his work is perfection!
7. Continuing summer weather and hanging out in the backyard.
8. Picking up the new Dave Matthews Band album.

8 things I did yesterday:

1. Changed double the amount of diapers than usual.
2. Learned how to wear a Moby Wrap.
3. Forgot to eat lunch. And I NEVER forget to eat.
4. Watered my garden.
5. Had a McDonald's soft serve (HEY, they're only like 2 points. For reals).
6. Pulled rocks out of my child's mouth.
7. Saw our phantom cat, Violet, who only shows up every 2 months or so.
8. Drove through a neighborhood I've never been to before just because (well, also to extend the lovely car nap G was enjoying).

8 things I wish I could do:

1. Start my own business. I want to be the boss of me!
2. Wear a bikini. No, make that LOOK GOOD in a bikini.
3. Sing well. And dance too. And maybe play a musical instrument.
4. Add another bathroom to our house. And maybe 1000 more square feet while I'm at it.
5. Live in London again for a bit. Or at least visit.
6. Go to culinary school.
7. Sleep for six hours straight.
8. Have Tom Colicchio cook me dinner. And do the dishes.
8.5 Have a McDonald's soft serve machine in my kitchen. Mmmm.

8 shows I watch:

1. American Idol
2. 90210 - the old reruns AND the new. Though I prefer the old. Donna Martin Graduates!
3. Big Love
4. Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Why am I admitting this?
5. Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations. Is it weird that I have a huge crush on Anthony Bourdain? He is wicked awesome!
6. 18 Kids & Counting because I have a Duggar obsession.
7. So You Think You Can Dance
8. Jack's Music Show.

8 Peeps Tagged:

1. Tiffiny @ the story of our life
2. Jenn @ Have you Hurd?
3. Andrea @ Train to Crazy
4. Jenny @ Yippie Kay Yea, Y'all
5. Karena @ The Long Road to Healthy
6. Thea @ I'm A Drama Mama
7. Ann @ She's Gonna Blow!
8. Mel @ The Melodramatic

4 comments:

AnnG said...

ok...so no one ever tags me, cuz it takes me so long to follow up, but maybe I will get a chance to do it over the next few days, since I actually have 2 of my major tasks taken care off! I'll let you know when I get it done...

GoTeamBlue!! Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Awww, my first meme. I'm so honored!

My husband's going to be in London this next week. I'm so jealous -- next year the kids and I will go as well, and I'm already looking forward to it!

Rachel said...

Meg & I discovered that we both loved watching Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations too. No wonder we're girlfriends - we have the same taste in shows.

april said...

Very nice! Good job!

PS. I LOVE Big Love. That show cracks me up.